What is AIRIA?
The All India Rubber Industries Association (AIRIA) is a not for profit making body serving the rubber industry and trade with the objectives of safeguarding and promoting interests of the industry.
Need for an Association To associate is to share, to share is to feel one with all those connected with the same industry or trade. Out of unity emerges a united voice and strength for the articulation of problems, for solution and better prospects. For an industry, progress emanates from better understanding and mutual co-operation amongst its members, and meaningful services through a common forum – an Association and hence its need.
The aims and objects for which AIRIA stands, inter-alia, include:
- To promote and protect the interest, growth and development of the rubber industry.
- To foster Co-operation among individuals and units engaged in the manufacture of rubber goods with a view to advancing and safeguarding the interest of the industry.
- To provide common fora for exchange of views amongst the members.
- To arrange conferences, exhibitions, trade delegations, factory visits, techno-commercial talks and allied activities.
- To investigate, collect and circulate information and statistics relating to the industry.
- To represent officially to Government the views of the industry on all matters affecting or likely to affect the industry.
- To help the members in solving the difficulties faced in procuring raw materials.
- To support or oppose legislative or other measures likely to affect the industry.
- To disseminate information through the official organ, periodicals, circulars, etc.